Abstract Submissions for World Sleep 2019 Now Being Accepted
World Sleep 2019 will facilitate an international discussion forum and collaboration among sleep societies and sleep professionals.
FEBRUARY 15, 2019: Early acceptance abstract deadline
JUNE 15, 2019: Oral abstract deadline
JUNE 15, 2019: Young or New Investigator abstract deadline
AUGUST 1, 2019: Poster abstract deadline
AUGUST 15, 2019: Final date accepted presenting authors need to be registered to attend World Sleep 2019
Abstracts | Accepted December 1, 2018 – August 1, 2019
Present your work to an international audience. Submit research in any area of sleep medicine for inclusion as an oral abstract, poster abstract or young investigator presentation. All accepted abstracts are published in a Sleep Medicine journal supplement. Abstracts are scored based on 1 (high) to 5 (low) scoring by the designated committee.
Maximum abstract lengths
Title: 40 words
Text: 500 words (includes introduction, materials and methods, results, conclusion, and acknowledgements)
Oral abstract sessions will be held from Monday through Wednesday (September 23-25, 2019). Poster abstract sessions will be held on Sunday through Tuesday (September 22-24, 2019).
Abstract Topic Categories
|AG||Aging and Developmental Issues|
|BCD||Behavior, Cognition and Dreaming|
|EDS||Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (not Narcolepsy)|
|NEU||Neurological Sleep Disorders Affecting Sleep|
|PSY||Psychiatric Disorders Affecting Sleep/Wake|
|RLS||Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS)|
|REM||REM Behavior Disorders|
|SBD||Sleep Breathing Disorders|
Submit research in any area of sleep medicine for inclusion as an oral abstract, poster abstract or young investigator presentation. All accepted abstracts are published in a Sleep Medicine journal supplement. Presenting authors must be registered for the congress by August 15, 2019.
Authors will be given 13 minutes to summarize their peer-reviewed research in a specific topic area, and presentations will be moderated by experts in the field. A brief question and answer time will conclude the session. Authors that are not selected to present an oral abstract, will be given the opportunity to present a poster abstract.
Authors will present their poster during one of three 90-minute poster abstract sessions. Posters can be presented at almost any stage of research and provide an excellent opportunity for authors to discuss their methods and findings with other professionals.
YOUNG or NEW INVESTIGATOR PRESENTATION
Two tiers of Young or New Investigator Awards will be offered to qualifying individuals at World Sleep 2019. The first-tier award will provide the opportunity for up to 18 individuals to present their abstract during a special Young Investigator oral abstract session. The second-tier awards will be presented for the top ranked young investigator poster abstracts each day. The application deadline is June 15, 2019.
- The poster surface area is 1.2192 meters by 1.2192 meters (4’ x 4’). The final size of the poster can be determined by each author.
- Each poster must have a top label indicating the title of the paper, the names of the authors and their affiliations.
- The size of the font characters for the title should be large enough to be viewed at a distance of 2 meters (6 feet).
- Tape will be provided for you to affix posters to the display boards. Other adhesive methods may be accepted if brought in by the author.
- Authors may hand out information sheets to those viewing the poster.
- Charts, drawings and illustrations may be used within the poster. Photographs should be printed on non-glossy matte finish paper.
- Posters should be printed on paper or laminated paper. Do not use heavy cardboard or other heavy materials for mounting.
- “Introduction” and “Conclusion” sections are preferred. When feasible, use graphs for demonstrating qualitative relationships, tables of precise numerical values. Photographs should be printed on non-glossy matte finish paper.
- Do not mail poster presentations to the convention center.
- Do not fold posters. Instead, transport the poster in an appropriate container.
- World Sleep Society staff and/or volunteers will be present to assist with locating poster boards and mounting.
Guidelines for Oral Abstract Presentation at World Sleep 2019
- The oral presentation schedule will be finalized in June 2019 & presenters will be notified of their scheduled date/time at that point.
- Oral presentations should be 10 minutes to summarize the abstract, with 3 additional minutes for questions and answers (13 minutes total presentation time).
- Computer presentation files should be uploaded 24 hours prior to the session at the congress venue speaker ready room.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the session starts to check in with the session co-chairs.
Additional Abstract Details
• The cost of printing the poster is the responsibility of the author(s).
• Oral abstract presentations may not be repeated with a poster presentation (with the exception of Young Investigator Award recipients*).
• Final date and time of presentation will be announced in July 2019.
• Poster numbers will not be assigned until September 2019. Numbers will be communicated via forthcoming email.
• Questions can be sent to email@example.com.
*Young or New Investigators are required to present a poster, even though the abstract was presented orally
World Sleep 2017 Abstracts
A PDF supplement of all World Sleep 2017 abstracts is available for download.
- Download PDF of World Sleep 2017 Abstracts by author.
- Download PDF of World Sleep 2017 Abstracts by category.