A PDF supplement of all World Sleep 2017 abstracts is available for download.
- Download PDF of World Sleep 2017 Abstracts by author.
- Download PDF of World Sleep 2017 Abstracts by category.
ABSTRACT PRESENTING INSTRUCTIONS
Poster abstracts should be posted on the boards per session. For Poster Sessions 1, 3 and 5, poster abstracts should be posted on the boards by 10:00am and removed between 1:30pm and 2:00pm. Authors need to be present by posters during the scheduled time of Noon to 12:30PM. For Poster Sessions 2, 4 and 6, poster abstracts should be posted on the boards between 2:00pm and 3:00pm and removed by 8:00pm. Authors need to be present by posters during the scheduled time of 5:00pm to 5:30pm. Sessions were sent via email. Review the online iPlanner final program by searching your name to find which session your poster belongs to. Further presenting guidelines can be found below under Guidelines.
ABSTRACT PUBLISHING TIMELINE
- Check the status of a submitted abstract.
- Changes to abstracts can be made up until October 11, 2017. Please resubmit the abstract to overwrite the prior abstract information once changes have been made. Directions are below.
- All abstract presenters (presenting author) must be registered for the congress by September 1, 2017. Failure to register by September 1, 2017 will result in the abstract being rejected and the presenting author being disqualified to submit scientific content for two years. Failure to post and be present next to the abstract will result in the presenting author being disqualified to submit scientific content to future World Sleep congresses for two years.
- For the June 30 oral abstract deadline, determination was sent by July 31, with the abstracts available on our iPlanner website by August 20.
- For the August 1 poster abstract deadline, abstracts were posted on our iPlanner website by August 22.
A PDF abstract book will be available for download. The Sleep Medicine abstract supplement should be published and available online (PubMed) by December 2017. All accepted abstracts will be published in a supplement of Sleep Medicine. To view examples of accepted abstracts, visit Sleep Medicine to read abstracts from World Sleep 2015.
ABSTRACT EDITING INSTRUCTIONS
- To EDIT an existing abstract, first log in to the abstract submission system.
- In the abstract submission system: click on the EDIT icon to unlock your abstract. Clicking EDIT changes your abstract back to “draft mode.” (It is not submitted anymore.) You may now revise it.
- After editing, you MUST re-submit your abstract to be considered for presentation. World Sleep Society will NOT score abstracts in “draft mode.”
- Changes can be made until October 11, 2017.
For Presenting Speaker
Only two abstracts will be accepted for each presenting author. Once abstracts are accepted, the presenting author must be registered to attend World Sleep 2017 no later than April 30 for submissions to the fast-track deadline; or by August 30 for submissions to the regular and late-breaking deadlines. (If further questions or clarifications are needed, email email@example.com.)
For Poster Presentation
- The poster surface area is 1 meter (100cm or 39 inches) wide horizontal by 2 meter (200cm or 78 inches) tall vertical. It is recommended that your poster size be 92cm x 120cm (36 inches wide x 48 inches tall) with final size determined by each author.
- Each poster must have a top label indicating the title of the paper, the names of the authors and their affiliations.
- The size of the characters for the title should be large enough to be viewed at a distance of 2 meters.
- Tape will be provided for you to affix your poster to the display boards.
- You may hand out information sheets to those viewing your poster.
- Charts, drawings, and illustrations may be used within the poster.
- Posters should be printed on paper or laminated paper. Do not use heavy cardboard or other heavy materials for mounting.
- “Introduction” and “Conclusion” sections are helpful. When feasible, use graphs for demonstrating qualitative relationships, tables of precise numerical values. Photographs should be printed on non-glossy matte finish paper.
- Do not mail poster presentations to the convention center.
- Do not fold your poster. Instead, transport the poster in an appropriate container.
- World Sleep Society staff and/or volunteers will be present to assist you with locating poster boards and mounting.
For Oral Presentations
- Oral presentations should be 10 minutes to summarize the abstract, with 3 additional minutes for questions and answers (total of 13 minutes of presentation time).
- Computer presentation files should be uploaded 24 hours prior to the session at the congress venue speaker ready room.
- Presenters should arrive 10 minutes before the session starts to check in with session co-chairs.
- Questions about the oral abstract schedule can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Honoraria & Reimbursement Policy
World Sleep Society does not provide honoraria to academic planners, committee members, co-chairs, or speakers. No individual involved in a CME activity may receive payments directly from a commercial interest, including honoraria, travel, out-of-pocket expenses or other payments. Generally, speakers receiving an invitation from the Program Committee are eligible to receive complimentary registration and reimbursement of additional costs which they incur due to their contribution. Read World Sleep Society’s Honoraria and Reimbursement Policy for more details.
Abstract Scoring Process
Abstracts are scored based on 1 (high) to 5 (low) scoring by the International Committee. Members of the International Committee will be assigned into review groups, of which at least 2 individuals will score each abstract. The Program Committee will review the scores and determine cutoff score of accepting abstracts for the congress.
A) Oral Presentation: The Program Committee will determine an abstract score estimated at the 50th percentile of all abstracts scored to be considered “the line” for abstracts to be considered for oral presentation. Program Committee will review above the line abstracts to fill oral sessions. Chairs of the oral presentation sessions will be selected by the Program Committee providing balance geographically and identifying key individuals to become involved in the congress.
B) Poster Presentation: Abstracts not selected for oral presentation are presented via poster. Poster presentations will be randomly assigned a day of the congress to be presented. The presenting author must be registered for the congress by the late registration deadline for the poster to be accepted. Otherwise the abstract will be withdrawn from the abstract supplement and not scheduled for poster presentation.
C) Young investigator Presentations: Young investigator applications will be reviewed by the Young Investigator committee members. Young investigators selected for oral presentation will also present the poster via poster. Application, award amounts, and review criteria are determined by the Young Investigator Committee with input from the Program Committee. Young Investigator deadline is the regular abstract deadline similarly used for oral presentation selection.
Read World Sleep Society’s Scientific Selection Policy for further information.