Overview of Awards: Two tiers of Young Investigator Awards will be offered at the upcoming World Sleep 2019 congress in Vancouver.
Deadline: June 15, 2019
Requirement: 35 years old or younger OR less than 3 years in the field/topic
Number of Awards Available: 6 full Young Investigator awards; 10 awards for best poster that will receive a $400 cash award per winning poster
First tier award: Complementary registration and a travel grant of up to $1,000 USD (depending on distance of travel) to give a 10-minute oral presentation included in a special symposium during the congress
Second tier award: Monetary award of $400 USD per winning poster
We invite all young researchers who are active in the field of clinical or experimental sleep research to submit their abstracts and apply for a travel grant, with the chance of being selected to present their work in a special symposium at World Sleep 2019 in Vancouver. Applicants not selected to participate in one of the symposiums will be eligible for abstract poster presentation.
STEP ONE – Submit your abstract online, indicating oral presentation or poster only.
STEP TWO – Email Angie Granum at World Sleep Society with the following information:
- Number of years in field
- Title of abstract
- Abstract number
- A short letter (max 200 words) explaining why you are applying for this award
- Indicated presentation preference of oral presentation or poster only. (All abstracts not selected for oral presentation will automatically be entered for poster presentations.)
The young investigator (YI) awards will be based on submitted abstracts. Contribution as symposia speaker does not have any positive or negative impact on the decision in receiving YI awards. To receive a YI award, you must submit an individual abstract.
Young Investigator Awards will be offered at the upcoming World Sleep 2019 congress in Vancouver. Abstracts must be received by June 15, 2019. To receive a Young Investigator Award, applicants MUST be 35 years old or younger OR have less than 3 years in the field/topic.
If selected for Young Investigator Award:
- If selected, your 10-minute oral presentation will be included in a special symposium during the congress.
- Symposiums will be held from Monday, September 23 through Wednesday, September 25, 2019.
- Complementary registration and a travel grant of up to $1,000 USD (depending on distance of travel) will be provided to winning symposium speakers OR winning posters will receive $400 cash award.