Do you have scientific content to share with our delegates?
Your company will be able to develop a 90-minute program, including selection of speakers and scientific content. World Sleep Society will provide you with room rental space and audio/visual. World Sleep 2019 will occur September 20-25, 2019 in Vancouver, Canada.
How can industry submit science to World Sleep?
World Sleep 2019 is open to industry manufacturers. There are 3 different ways for industry to have an accepted symposium presentation (90 minute multiple speaker scientific session) at World Sleep.
- A symposium can be submitted through our open invitation call for symposia. The submission deadline is December 1, 2018 and is very competitive, with 30-40% acceptance rate. We typically do not score industry-related symposium high, however, strong industry-related symposium have made the acceptance cut in past meetings.
- Industry can apply for a satellite symposium presentation slot on Monday or Tuesday. These are paid (US$20,000 starting point) time slots allocated for industry that do not compete with other scientific content. The company or industry is responsible for producing and creating the content, with World Sleep helping with promoting the content to attendees.
- Company can provide an unrestricted educational grant (US$20,000) to support the scientific congress. We would work with the industry partner to know learning objectives to be included in the congress. The Program Committee (not the industry sponsor) would develop a symposium to be included in the scientific program (typically 7-10 parallel sessions) covering the learning objectives.
The other option is to submit an abstract. We have multiple deadlines for early notification, oral, and poster presentation abstracts. We typically accept 99% of abstracts submitted and would welcome an abstract from industry as long as the abstract is written in the required format and the presenting author is attending World Sleep.
Room Capacity and Pricing:
|Room Capacity||Price (US Dollars)||Additional|
|Room for 1,000 SOLD OUT||$30,000||+ Catering Costs|
|Room for 450||$25,000||+ Catering Costs|
|Room for 250||$20,000||+ Catering Costs|
Food and beverage needs are coordinated directly between the sponsor and caterer, and are not included in the price of the program.
*Make sure to check the box for size of room required under “Satellite Symposia”
Priority placement deadline: January 15, 2019
View important dates and deadlines.
Satellite Symposia is tentatively scheduled for 12:30 – 2:00PM on Monday (September 23, 2019) or Tuesday (September 24, 2019). Days are allotted based on sponsorship level. Time slot is reserved specifically for Satellite Symposia. There will be no competing scientific content.
World Sleep Society promotion of Satellite Symposia:
• Final program: Symposium agenda, speakers, description, learning objectives, and session titles
• Final program: Daily Schedule
• Final program: Program at a Glance
• Daily Congress Email
• Prominent location on congress website
• Invitations in Social Media
• Congress banners
Past Satellite Symposia have included:
• TEVA: Challenges of recognizing and treating excessive sleepiness
• MSD / Merck: New approaches to personalizing treatment of insomnia: Why and how?
• Philips: Boosting slow wave sleep to improve cognitive outcomes
• Bioprojet: Cataplexy: From fundamentals to the clinic