Join several of our World Sleep Day 2017 delegates and past Distinguished Activity Award winners at the World Sleep Day Networking Event in Prague! You did not need to host an event to join us.
World Sleep Day Networking Event
Monday, October 9, 2017
Admin Room 221 at Prague Congress Centre
Did you know? The next World Sleep Day® will be held on March 16, 2018.
Thank you to all who participated in our 10th Annual World Sleep Day on March 17, 2017! We are all so pleased at the success. Highlights of the productive, international awareness day include:
- 295+ delegates signed up to participate
- 155 sleep awareness activities occurred in 2017
- 58 countries notified us of participation
- New this year: Events in the countries of Jordan, Switzerland, Israel, United Arab Emirates, Algeria, Qatar & Estonia
- 826 individuals joined our campaign
- We were trending on both Twitter and Facebook under the hashtag #WorldSleepDay
- Our 2017 partners included Westin Hotels & Resorts, Dormeo, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Fidia Farmaceutici, Barilla and Hypersomnia Foundation
World Sleep Day is an annual event, intended to be a celebration of sleep and a call to action on important issues related to sleep, including medicine, education, social aspects and driving. It is organized by the World Sleep Day Committee of World Sleep Society (founded by WASM and WSF) and aims to lessen the burden of sleep problems on society through better prevention and management of sleep disorders. World Sleep Day is held the Friday before Spring Vernal Equinox of each year. Future dates will be: March 16, 2018, March 15, 2019 and March 14, 2020.