World Sleep 2023 Checklist
Thank you for speaking at World Sleep 2023 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil! You are joining a world-class scientific program full of speakers, research, and perspectives that represent the leading edge of sleep and circadian science. We’re glad to have you and will make every effort to ensure a smooth congress experience.
Please complete the following steps and take advantage of these resources. Questions? Please contact Angie Granum at [email protected].
Fraudulent Requests – Stay Vigilant
Some speakers have reported that they received fraudulent requests for payment. If you receive a communication about the congress you’re unsure about, please check this page and contact [email protected] or [email protected].
Accommodations and Travel
Accommodations are available to book now through worldsleepcongress.com/hotel. We strongly recommend that speakers book at one of the headquarters hotels (Windsor Oceanico, Windsor Tower, or Windsor Barra) for convenient access to the congress, but inventory is limited and we cannot guarantee rooms for speakers without booked reservations.
Travel visa requirements will vary by your current national status. Travelers from the EU, for example, should benefit from a visa waiver for travel to Brazil whereas some travelers from Asia must apply for a visitor visa. For more information, see worldsleepcongress.com/visa or contact World Sleep Society at [email protected].
Speaker PowerPoint Template
Please use the Speaker PowerPoint template, which includes a required slide for conflict of interest (COI) disclosures.
Slide and Presentation Requirements for Continuing Medical Education (CME) Accreditation
World Sleep Society must ensure that all CME activities comply with ACCME standards while meeting the expectations of the audience. Please review the list below to assist you in developing high-quality educational content and materials. These requirements also ensure compliance with World Sleep Society CME Policies.
- Speakers are required to include a disclosure slide, which is included in the PowerPoint template linked above, as the second slide of their presentation.
- All speakers must include a verbal disclosure statement at the beginning of their presentation (2nd slide). If a financial relationship with industry exists that is not relevant to the presentation, please state that in the verbal disclosure.
- Educational materials (slides, abstracts, handouts, etc.) cannot contain any advertising, corporate logos, trade names, or product messages of a commercial interest.
- Slides and educational materials must promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business of a commercial interest.
- Do not use identifiable photographs of patients. Remove all patient identifiers OR obtain written permission from the patient to use his/her information as part of your presentation.
- Presentations must give a balanced view of therapeutic options. Use of generic names will contribute to this impartiality. If the CME educational material or content includes trade names, where available trade names from several companies should be used, not just trade names from a single company.
Complete the Conflict of Interest (COI) Disclosure Form
Each speaker has a single, unique COI form to complete. This form response will cover each of your presentations, so only a single form is required.
Each speaker should already have received their unique link to the COI form from Angie Granum at [email protected]. Please contact Angie to request the form or with any other questions about it.
Speaker Ready Room at the Venue
Speakers should use the Speaker Ready Room to upload their PowerPoint presentations, test software, and make changes and adjustments to their presentations. Speakers are required to upload their presentation in the Speaker Ready Room at least 12 hours before their session. A technician will be available to assist as needed.
Room C04 on Floor 2. Go one floor up from the registration area.
Saturday, October 21: 7:00am to 5:00pm
Sunday, October 22: 7:00am to 5:00pm
Monday, October 23: 7:00am to 5:00pm
Tuesday, October 24: 7:00am to 5:00pm
Wednesday, October 25 7:00am to 5:00pm
Find Yourself in the Online Schedule
Search for your name in the online scientific program to note your speaking times and locations. The search bar is indicated in red in the screenshot below.
Your full schedule will also be available in your unique speaker portal.
Opt Out of Presentation Recordings for World Sleep 2023
The following material will be recorded during all sessions at World Sleep 2023 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil:
- Microphone audio from the presenter’s microphone
- Screen capture of the presentation screen (i.e., the presenter’s slides)
World Sleep Society uses this material to create educational content for our membership, World Sleep Academy, and International Sleep Research Training Program.
If you prefer that all or some of your presentation(s) are excluded from such uses, please complete the following form: https://worldsleepcongress.com/presentation-recording-form
Contact the Angie Granum at [email protected] with any questions about the congress or your presentation.