World Sleep 2022 Checklist
Thank you for speaking at World Sleep 2022 in Rome, Italy! You will be joining our extensive five-day scientific program with over 1000 presentations scheduled during symposia, oral abstracts, and courses.
Please complete the following steps and review this information to ensure a smooth presentation experience for you and our congress delegates. Questions? Please contact Angie Granum at [email protected].
Note: Speakers and attendees of World Sleep may receive unsolicited messages from third-party vendors or even fraudulent ones. If you receive a communication about the congress you’re unsure about, please check this page and contact [email protected] or [email protected].
Speaker PowerPoint Template
Please use the Speaker PowerPoint template, which includes a slide for conflict of interest (COI) disclosures.
Download the PowerPoint Template (4:3 Aspect Ratio).
Download the PowerPoint Template (16:9 Aspect Ratio).
Slide and Presentation Requirements for Continuing Medical Education (CME) Accreditation
World Sleep Society must ensure that all CME activities comply with ACCME standards while meeting the expectations of the audience. Please review the list below to assist you in developing high-quality educational content and materials. These requirements also ensure compliance with World Sleep Society CME Policies.
- Speakers are required to include a disclosure slide, which is included in the PowerPoint template linked above, as the second slide of their presentation.
- All speakers must include a verbal disclosure statement at the beginning of their presentation (2nd slide). If a financial relationship with industry exists that is not relevant to the presentation, please state that in the verbal disclosure.
- Educational materials (slides, abstracts, handouts, etc.) cannot contain any advertising, corporate logos, trade names, or product messages of a commercial interest.
- Slides and educational materials must promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business of a commercial interest.
- Do not use identifiable photographs of patients. Remove all patient identifiers OR obtain written permission from the patient to use his/her information as part of your presentation.
- Presentations must give a balanced view of therapeutic options. Use of generic names will contribute to this impartiality. If the CME educational material or content includes trade names, where available trade names from several companies should be used, not just trade names from a single company.
Complete the Following Two Forms:
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure (COI) Form
- Speaker Consent for Recording Form
COI Form: Your speaker portal has a COI Form attached to each of your presentations. If you are presenting more than once, then you must complete an additional COI form only if a conflict is relevant to one presentation but not relevant to another. In this case, you must complete a COI form for each presentation with a unique conflict.
Speaker Consent for Recording Form: All speakers must complete the Speaker Consent for Recording Form for each presentation. By allowing your presentation (i.e., the presentation slides and the audio) to be recorded, you will help us achieve our mission to advance sleep health and reach a larger audience. Speakers retain the ownership of the content, and agreeing for us to record the sessions has no future restrictions on how you present or use your content.
Both forms are contained in the speaker portal. The link to your unique speaker portal was emailed to you on November 5.
For questions or concerns, email [email protected].
Speaker Ready Room at the Venue
Speakers should use the Speaker Ready Room to upload their PowerPoint presentations, test software, and make changes and adjustments to their presentations. Speakers are required to upload their presentation in the Speaker Ready Room at least 12 hours before their session. A technician will be available to assist as needed.
Location: Room 34
Saturday, March 12: 7:00am to 5:00pm
Sunday, March 13: 7:00am to 5:00pm
Monday, March 14: 7:00am to 5:00pm
Tuesday, March 15: 7:00am to 5:00pm
Wednesday, March 16: 7:00am to 5:00pm
Find Yourself in the Online Schedule
Search for your name in the online scientific program to note your speaking times and locations. The search bar is indicated by the red circle in the screenshot below.
Your full schedule will also be available in your unique speaker portal.
Contact the Angie Granum at [email protected] with any questions about the congress or your presentation.